Cortexin by NootropicSpot.com
Cortexin® is a mixture of neuropeptide fractions, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It has pronounced but subtle positive effect on the brain.
Similar to Cerebrolysin, Cortexin is based on neuropeptides and amino acids. the pharmacological difference is that Cortexin has significantly more peptide fractions and less amino acids. Another notable difference is that it dosen't come from pig brains, so it maybe a better option for people who really want to inject their Nootropics but just don't like pigs.
Cortexin® has the following effects:
- Nootropic effect: Improves higher cerebral functions, processes of learning and memory, concentration, attention and tolerance to mental and physical stress.
- Neuroprotective effect: protects neurones against different endogenous neurotoxic factors (glutamate, calcium ions and free radicals) and reduces toxic impact of psychotropic agents.
- Antioxidant effect: inhibits lipid peroxidation, increases survival of neurones under oxidative stress and hypoxia.
- Tissue-specific effect: activates metabolism of neurones of central and peripheral nervous system as well as reparative processes; also, promotes stimulation of cortical function and general improvement of the nervous system.
It's an efficacious supplement which has been proven to be effective and safe on all possible levels: clinical, biological, cellular, genetic and molecular. On Pubmed you can find 19 clinical trials which evaluated Cortexin in humans.
- In the most recent study of 64 patients with epilepsy it significantly decreased in the frequency of seizures.
- A Russian double-blind placebo-controlled 2014 trial evaluated the Neuroprotective effects of low doses for ischemic stroke patients. It concluded: High efficacy and safety of cortexin in the complex treatment of patients with II has been shown. The best therapeutic effect was seen in group 1 (two 10-day courses of cortexin).
- It benefit those with open-angle glaucoma.
- One study evaluated it in combination with microcurrent reflexotherapy to treat cerebral palsy in young children.
- Another study found that it improved memory disorders in 86% of children aged 7-12 years.
- It had a positive effect on the symptoms of alcohol encephalopathy and alcohol polyneuropathy.
- Interestingly, a study done in Japan compared it with Vinpotropil and Noopept, called it an adaptogen and noted how it modulated recovery of the physical and psychological efficiency under rapidly changing environment conditions.
Mechanism of Action
Is attributed to the following effects:
- Activation of neuronal peptides and neurotrophic cerebral factors;
- Optimisation of metabolic balance of excitatory and inhibitory amino acids as well as dopamine and serotonin;
- GABAergic actions: reduction of the paroxysmal convulsive activity of brain, improvement of its bioelectrical activity and prevention of free radicals formation (products of lipid peroxidation).
Country of Manufacture: Russia
Cortexin can be mixed with Cerebrolysin.
10 day cycles are recommended. Similar to Cerebrolysin you infect it intramuscularly, NOT intravenously and definitely don't take it nasally like you do Semax.
BACTERIOSTATIC WATER for reconstitution of Cortexin can be baught at NootropicSpot.com.
According to a study that evaluated it in 45 patients: The drug was well-tolerated, no side-effects were observed. However, a few Biohackers on noted an undesireable side effect persistent muscle fasciculations.
I give this a C+ as a risk scoring. It's an injectable, it's been studied extensively in Russian but lacks international studies that have been peer reviewed and published in English for the public in open journals. In my opinion Cortexin is for those who need it to treat a serious illness or Biohackers with a high risk tolerance and demand for pharmacological novelty.
Cortexin has these amino acids, vitamins and minerals:
Supplement or Drug
Amino acids: Aspartic acid: 446 nmol/mg; Glycine: 298 nmol/mg; Threonine: 212 nmol/mg; Serine: 268 nmol/mg; Glutamic acid: 581 nmol/mg; Proline: 187 nmol/mg; Alanine: 246 nmol/mg; Isoleucine: 356 nmol/mg; Tyrosine: 109 nmol/mg; Phenylalanine: 162 nmol/mg; Histidine: 116 nmol/mg; Lysine: 253 nmol/mg; Arginine and other amino acids: 202 nmol/mg.
Vitamins: Lysine: 253 nmol/mg; Thiamine (Vitamin B1) – 0.08 mcg/10mg; Lysine: 253 nmol/mg; Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) – 0.03 mcg/10 mg; Niacin (Vitamin B3, Vitamin PP) 0.05 mcg/10 mg; Retinol (Vitamin A) – 0.011 mcg/10mg; Alfa-tokoferol (vitamin E) – 0.007 mcg/10mg.
Minerals: (Cu): 0,2129 mcg/10 mg; (Fe): 2,26 mcg/10 mg; (Ca): 22,93 mcg/10 mg; (Mg): 8,5 mcg/10 mg; (K): 19,83 mcg/10 mg; (Na): 643,2 mcg/10 mg; (S): 152,65 mcg/10 mg; (P): 91,95 mcg/10 mg; (Zn): 4,73 mcg/10 mg; (Mb): 0,0203 mcg/10 mg; (Co): 0,0044 mcg/10 mg; (Mn): 0,0061 mcg/10 mg; (Se): 0,0745 mcg/10 mg; (Al): 0,3104 mcg/10 mg; (Li): 0,0340 mcg/10 mg.
If the parcel gets seized by customs or is lost for whatever reason, we will refund you the full amount within 48 hours if you are from the US, the UK, Poland, Switzerland, France, the Netherlands and a few other countries. Alternatively we can reship your order for free.
If you do not pick up your parcel during the hold time it will be shipped back to us. In this case we do not give the refund.
We refund in BTC to your BTC wallet within 1 day.