|By Jonathan Roseland||Connect|
A building block of several Nuerotransmitters that play a key role in a Limitless Mindset; dopamine, epinephrine, serotonin, norepinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). B6 (or Pyroxidine) is a water soluble Vitamin which needs to be consumed on a daily basis. It operates as a Nootropic or smart drug benefiting our cognition, memory, nervous system and brain health in multiple dimensions.
Why B Vitamins?
Common sources include organ meats, vegetables, nuts and bananas are good sources of Vitamin B6, however they can loose up to 50% of their Vitamin B6 content through processing, cooking and storage. Vitamin B6 supplementation is a great idea for those whose diets don't include it one a daily basis, a monthly supply runs $7-$10.
Vitamin B6 is a strong cofactor, meaning that it works in chemical synergy with, Vitamin B12, another one of the most Limitless nutrients. Vitamin B6 and B12 are a recipe for productivity, be prepared for a serious energy buzz. Lifehackers dosed on the two frequently report getting their daily To Do list done early and then writing another To Do list.
Vitamin B6 is also a lucid dreaming supplement, a study Effects of pyridoxine on dreaming: a preliminary study, suggests that it increases dream salience by causing cortical arousal during REM sleep.
Depression is frequently correlated to Vitamin B6 and due to it's role in Serotonin production it can be useful treating depression. The elderly and alcoholics, frequently have Vitamin B6 deficiencies. Deficiency of this Vitamin manifests as fatique, flaky skin, headaches, mild depression and tinging sensations. One survey found that around 50% of Americans where Vitamin B6 deficient.
It is essential to the maintenance of the central nervous system, it plays a critical role in the building of new neurotransmitters. Frequently reported affects include; decrease in headaches and fatigue.
More good news, B6 is an antioxidant and fights various free radicals that cause cancer risks. Some other positives of Vitamin B6:
- If you spend a lot of time on your computer you are at a mild risk for Carpal Tunnel syndrome, which Vitamin B6, a diuretic can prevent and even treat.
- It's essential to protein metabolism so athletes and those with high protein diets should boost their Vitamin B6 intake.
- Vitamin B6 has a mild diuretic effect and therefor can help cure hangovers and morning sickness from pregnancy.
- Athletes take Vitamin B6 to accelerate the recovery process from intense workouts and sports related injuries.
- B6 is more effective when taken also with potassium, other B vitamins and Vitamin C due to a Gestalt Action.
The beneficial effects of Vitamin B6 where first discovered by a Hungarian physician in 1934.